What, given the risk profile and values of your organisation, would be an appropriate H&S framework and what would be the specific activities that would establish a baseline of respect, engage a workforce, create value, and manage risk effectively?
- Develop an improvement strategy
- Establish an ongoing program
James Thomas has developed H&S improvement & implementation strategies for LNG projects, mines, contractors and a multinational corporation throughout Asia-Pacific.
We Take a 3-Step Approach
1. RSA Assess your organisation
RSA conduct thorough assessment of your organisation’s systems, leadership commitment, communication, training, workplace conditions & practices.
Whilst we assess compliance to Australian Standards & Legislation, we assess the practical exposure to risk in the workplace with high attention to detail backed by strong technical knowledge.
2. We Establish a Path Forward
In consultation with the organisation’s key stakeholders, we develop an improvement strategy that focuses on measurable expectations, with clear milestones set within achievable timeframes.
We build improvement into existing overheads and seek to improve your safety performance through enhancing your implementation of communication, training & visible leadership.
3. RSA Audit & Coach Strategy
At Risk Services Australia we believe ongoing auditing, training and coaching is imperative to the success of any new workplace practices and standards. From management to the workers on the ground, everyone is responsible to maintain the improvements. RSA can tailor an ongoing support program to monitor and coach your team through during and post the process.
RSA Improvement Strategies are recommended for organization’s that do not have a long term need for an overtly experienced safety professional however require
1. A step change in their current safety performance
2. Leadership H&S coaching
3. Coaching of H&S professionals in the early stages of their career in Risk management
“Commitment NOT Complexity”
Typically company H&S frameworks are good however often the content is complex, cumbersome &/or unknown to stakeholders!
Typically training is uninspiring, lacks care factor and fails in introducing new starters to personal risk management principles.
Typically corporate strategy is a degree or two separated from site implementation.
Ask a colleague for the definition of risk and watch the majority fall into a world of waffle!
- H&S strategy should involve H&S professionals with Real Industry Safety Knowledge.
- H&S strategy should be owned by key stakeholders through Communication & Commitment!
- H&S Frameworks should be simple, streamlined, value adding and integrated into how you do business.
- Inductions should be an inspiring motivation exercise introducing new starters to personal risk management principles.
- A worker should define risk, perceive risk & understand HOW they will assess their exposure to key task hazards.
You can influence any organisation through a committed, united leadership with a clear ongoing H&S strategy.
A strategy encompassing the worker through to the company leadership and back again.
If you believe that safety is hitting your overheads & getting too complex, DO something about it!
Contact RSA to discuss how we can assist you in doing things differently!
Define your Risk, Perceive your Risk, Manage your Risk!
Based in Brisbane, we proudly work with clients from around Australia.
Please telephone or email us to discuss your next project. We’d be happy to provide an obligation free quotation for your consideration.